I’ve had this post brewing for a while, and was hoping to get it out before the LOST winter hiatus ended, but it didn’t happen. Yesterday, when Peter asked in the comments what some of my biggest questions were, I knew I had to finish it up. Better late than never, right?
The show has many mysteries, but some loom larger than others. I picked the five mysteries that are bothering me the most. Each big question has many sub questions. I’ve got my theories and ideas, but for the purposes of this post, I’ll just be asking the questions — and I want to hear what you think in the comments!More
Ohhh, good episode tonight! This one should probably shut the trap of those who say the plot isn’t advancing. I just have a few thoughts that sprung to mind while watching Zeke a.k.a. Bluebeard a.k.a. The Guy On the Boat That Took Walt.
- I’m not sure if Zeke’s crew is related to Ethan and Goodwin (the “others” that infiltrated and kidnapped people from both camps in the night). Zeke makes it pretty clear that he wants nothing to do with our Losties. He makes a line in the sand and basically tells them that if they don’t cross it, they’ll be fine. That doesn’t sound like a guy who would go kidnapping in the night. On the other hand, he definitely took Walt, so who knows.
- When he revealed that they had snatched up Kate, he said, “Alex, bring her in!” Alex, you’ll recall, was the name of Danielle Rousseau’s daughter (Danielle was the French lady Sayid found). At this point, I’m convinced that it was Danielle’s daughter on the boat with Bluebeard, and the same girl that brought Kate in.
- Alvar Honso (of The DHARMA Initiative) must have been their leader, or some kind of respected figure, anyway. Based on the Honso Foundation Website, it was Alvar that Zeke was quoting when he said, “From the dawn of our species, Man has been blessed with curiosity.”
- Whose gunshots did we hear? The assumption is that they were Michael’s, but I doubt it. Maybe Kate took a gun and was defending herself? I even read one forum post that suggested Kate is a mole and went out and intentionally got herself captured…
- If Jack and Ana Lucia put their stupid heads together, they’re likely to get everyone killed.
- I’m thinking the guy that Sarah was cheating on Jack with is our old friend Desmond.
- For a while I’ve thought the line, “Don’t tell me what I can’t do,” or “Don’t tell me what to do” was key in this show. Tonight’s episode reinforced that about 10 times.
What did you guys think?More
- Packed up a good 85% of my stuff in preparation for my impending move to Lawrence (I’m moving this upcoming Saturday).
- Went out with Ben and Kara Friday night, the highlight of which was a tipsy Kara dropping her cell phone, in mid-call no less, straight into her drink. Hilarity ensued.
- Went out with Michelle, James, and Becky on Saturday. We had a lot of fun, I’d say.
- Watched all of the first season and almost all of the second season of HBO’s Entourage because someone told me I’d love it. While I’m not sure I love it, it is definitely pretty entertaining. Jeremy Piven is a riot. Overall, I’m glad I watched it — I’ll finish catching up this week and probably start watching regularly.
What did you do with your three-day weekend (if, in fact, you got a three-day weekend)?More
Becky, James, and Michelle
Becky, James, and Michelle